Saturday 13 June 2015

Shonieponie Uk

Hi everyone my name is Shona Hall-Woodward I'm 4 years old and I am a Doberman girl from Romania.
I now live in Chesterfield having lived on the streets of Romania for the last three years, I was rescued by a lovely vet called Losim Claudia who contacted Snoopy Rescue to see if they could help me.

He cared for me for two months whilst my pet passport etc. was arranged for me to travel via Europet all the way to England and then to FOND (Friends of Northern Dobermans) in Scotland. My mammoth journey started from Romania on January 22nd 2015 and after some 5,000 miles I finally arrived at Pam and John's. FOND HQ!! On 29th January.

After a week of good rest I went to see the FOND vet where it was suggested that I had x-rays and some rotting teeth removed in the near future. As it happens my tongue hangs out as I didn't have any teeth anyway! But I did have pins in my front left leg which had been badly set after an accident, I have very bad arthritis in various joints, both my cruciates have been damaged but alas are starting to repair themselves to some extent as very little can be done for these anyway. So with all these problems I would have died a terrible death had I been left on the streets in Romania.

Now after having 15 of my teeth removed, which now leaves two! And one pin from my damaged leg, sadly the other one couldn't be removed as it is calcified in the bone and had to be left in. I was recovering under Pam's care very well, when I then met Holly. She had travelled over 400 miles to visit me and helped Pam with the other Dobies and stayed for a full week.

Holly is a Director at North Derbyshire Animal Support in Chesterfield, Derbyshire who have been supporting FOND on a regular basis and also paid £250 for my x-rays whilst in Scotland. Jill, Founder of NDAS was following my progress, a lady who is very experience in my breed but was nursing her elderly greyhound at 17 years old and also a 14 year old Doberman who had suffered two strokes. She was very interested in me and very sadly both these two wonderful dogs died within 7 weeks of each other and when Holly returned to see me again we left Scotland at 4am a week later on Sunday morning and guess what? I have gone to live with Jill and David and Mia and Baby and Holly nearby in Chesterfield! I have been here for two weeks now and I am very happy and very settled.  I have now been to meet my new doctor Mr Chris Mann MRCVS of Chaple House vets who I like very much and I think I am going to enjoy the rest of my life in England with my new family and friends down at the shop.






No comments:

Post a Comment